Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! We have family in town, holiday music on 24/7 and are eating way too many sweets around here. I hadn’t really planned on it, but I thought I’d show you our favorite sweet treat of the season and a few pics of life lately.
If you have ever had ooey gooey butter cake, you probably read the title of this post and thought, “What?! It comes in cookie form??” Yes! A friend made these for a cookie exchange, and they disappeared entirely too quickly. I decided to make a batch for family with a little twist. I added lingon berries. Sadly, two dozen lasted less than 24 hours. They are soft, sweet, and rich-a very dangerous combination for a cookie.
Lingon Berry Oogey Gooey Butter Cookies
-1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces)
-1 stick of butter
-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
-1 yellow moist cake mix
-1/2 cup of powdered sugar
*2 tablesppons of flour
*1/3 cup of lingon berry jam
(The last two additions are not from the original recipe. I added the jam for a little extra flavor and color. The flour is to compensate for the extra liquid from the jam. Just take these last two out if want the original recipe found here.)
1. Cream softened butter and cream cheese.
2. Beat egg and add to the mixture. Add vanilla and sift in the cake mix.
3. Add jam and flour. Mix until combined.
4. Roll dough into a ball and store in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Scoop out and roll into 1″ balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar and set on a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Cookies should be puffy and crackled but not browned. Set on rack to cool.
Here’s a little glimpse of the holidays around here lately…